Thursday 27 August 2015

Bedroom Inspiration | Whats on my Pinboard?

Since moving in, in December the one room I'm not fully happy with is my bedroom. It is a very large master bedroom with double doors that take you onto the balcony, a very large set of built-in wardrobes and a comfortable size en-suite. With this being said, it is also an unusual shape, with very high ceilings and exposed wooden beams (this is the case for the entire penthouse)
At the moment, I have a monochrome theme and I'm trying to capture a sense of luxury with black furniture, statement art and dark grey and black soft furnishings. This has left the room feeling a little gloomy and uninspiring. I've taken a look in my favourite magazine (25 beautiful homes) and love how they use a touch of light grey and white to brighten the room a little. I'm planning on changing some of the art work, introducing a white duvet and cushions and putting wallpaper onto the back wall. I took to Pinterest to mainly find wallpaper that I think would be well suited and I ended up liking a good variety. My husband likes the idea of an exposed grey brick wall to tie in with the colour scheme and work well with the exposed beams. I think this will capture a real 'loft' style which I like the thought of, although I also love mirrored furniture and the luxury they add and I'm not convinced they will work together.
I love all of these rooms on Pinterest, they capture the look I'm going for perfectly. There is not a lot of work required with the bedroom: A few new accessories, cushions here and there and possibly one wall of paper and it should be complete. Once I've completed the transition I will be sure to take pictures and share it on my new blog.

I hope you like my first blog post. Please follow my Instagram page: @thepenthousediaries.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Penthouse Diaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig