Tuesday 1 September 2015

Living Room Tour


The penthouse is a very large open space. The kitchen is only separated with a breakfast bar, whilst the dining room and living room have a section of wall dividing them. I've tried to keep a consistent monochrome theme with a lot of grey so that it all works well together. I'll be sharing the interiors of my dining room in my next post but for now I want to focus on the living room. 
As you can see from the photographs, the whole one side of the apartment is made of glass windows and doors, which makes it very light and airy, because of this, I didn't mind having dark furniture. It balances out quite nicely. 





It is such a contemporary space, I knew that the furniture I'd need would be a lot different to our previous home. Almost all of the furniture was bought new in preparation for moving in so I tried to buy versatile pieces. The sofas are so comfortable which is extremely important for me. I love to finish work and come home to a cup of coffee and sink into the soft cushions. I couldn't live with an uncomfortable sofa, despite how appealing some modern looking ones are! I thought this set was the perfect balance. The coffee table is one of my favourite aspects, the wood and glass looks ultra modern and as you'll soon find out, there is a lot of glass furniture here (even if it is a nightmare to keep clean).



The chandelier is one of my favourite parts of the entire penthouse. It is visible from the living room, kitchen and dining room. It is also the first thing you see when you walk through the front door. I think it compliments the high ceilings and wooden beams so well. It really captures that sense of modern luxury that I've tried to achieve. I wouldn't say I'm fully happy with how the living room is looking, there is some progressive changes I hope to make through out the Winter but for now I feel I've got the fundamentals in there to get off to a really great start.
I hope you have enjoyed taking a peak around our living room. I'll be uploading a tour around the dining room when I get chance. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Penthouse Diaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig